>

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Banana-Peanut Butter-Dark Chocolate Milkshake

BANANA-PEANUT BUTTER-DARK CHOCOLATE SMOOTHIE
Adapted from The Kitchn

DELICIOUS and HEALTHY to enjoy this smoothie as a BREAKFAST SMOOTHIE. The first time I made this, I forgot to add the vanilla extract and this smoothie still tasted delicious without it. I added a tablespoon of crushed ice so I can achieve a thicker "smoothie" consistency. NO SWEETENER ADDED! 


1 large FROZEN sliced banana (170g)
1/2 cup carton UNSWEETENED coconut milk or any type of milk of choice (113g)
1 tablespoon natural peanut butter or almond butter (14g)
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
1 to 1-1/2 tablespoons crushed ice (7g to 10g)
2 tablespoons chopped Trader Joe's 72% Cacao Dark Chocolate or your choice (11g)


Combine all ingredients, except the dark chocolate, into the container of a blender. Blend until smooth. Use the blender tamper to push and stir if you need to. 



Add the dark chocolate and blend just until finely chopped and incorporated. Ready to serve.


Yield approximately 11 ounces, 345 calories

1 comment:

  1. I love milkshakes! This is a recipe I will probably try!

    ReplyDelete