>

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Banana-Peach-Mango Smoothie

Banana-Peach-Mango Smoothie

I was lucky to receive some homegrown mega-size peaches from my friend's harvest. The peaches ripen faster than I can consume them so I had to put most of the peaches in the freezer. The peach skin separated very easily from the peaches. I slice the peaches into thick slices and place them in a single layer on a plate lined with waxed paper. Place the plate in the freezer and freeze the peach slices until they were firm enough to transfer into a large plastic storage bag. Now the frozen peaches will separate easily until I am ready to use them.

It's my day off today and started my day with a delicious breakfast smoothie using frozen banana slices, peach slices, mango chunks and 100% pineapple juice. NO SWEETENER OF ANY KIND NEEDED. Just blended the frozen fruits together with the pineapple juice and I had a large glass of thick slushy smoothie.

 
3.0 ounces frozen banana slices (about half of a large banana)
4.0 ounces frozen peach slices (about 1 cup)
3.0 mango chunks (about 1/2 cup)
6 ounces 100% unsweetened pineapple juice
1 tablespoon crushed ice (optional)
 
Place all ingredients into the blender container in order of ingredient listing, starting with banana slices and ending with crushed ice. Blend until smooth, using the blender tamper to push and stir.
 
Yield 16 ounces, 280 calories
 


No comments:

Post a Comment