>

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Pan-Grilled Pork Loin Chops

Pan-Grilled Pork Loin Chops


I normally purchase a very large boneless pork loin roast from Costco, about 10+ pounds. I cut the two ends of the pork loin into two 4-pound cuts and freeze the two ends for another use. With the remaining center loin, I cut that piece into 1-inch thick loin chops. Not only is it more economical to cut your own boneless loin chops, but you have control to the desire thickness you like your chops. With the other two ends that I had placed in the freezer, I will use them as a pork loin roast or slice them up for more loin chops when I am ready to do so.

Today, I have five 1-inch boneless pork loin chops, weighing about 2+ pounds. I marinated with my Homemade Adobo Seasoning:
http://lemonchiffoncake.blogspot.com/2011/05/homemade-adobo-seasoning.html. I marinated the loin chops overnight and pan-grilled the loin chops on my stove top using a stove top grill pan, i.e., Le Cruset grill pan. Alternately, you can grill this on your outdoor gas or charcoal grill, but there are times when the weather restricts you from grilling outdoors. The pork loin chops turned out great and seared nicely on both sides. They were tender, juicy and delicious.

3 tablespoons Homemade Adobo Seasoning
5 tablespoons olive oil

Five 1-inch thick boneless pork loin chops

In a small bowl, mix together the adobo seasoning and the olive oil using a fork. No additional salt is necessary because there is just the right amount of salt in my Homemade Adobo Seasoning. NOTE: To use my Homemade Adobo Seasoning, I normally use a ratio of 2:3 (seasoning:oil) per 2 pounds of meat so it's better if you weigh your meat before you measure.

Rub the adobo mixture all over the loin chops. Place the loin chops in a Ziploc bag. Squeeze out all the air and seal the bag. Place loin chops in the refrigerator overnight or up to 3 days. Let the chops sit out at room temperature for 1 hour before grilling.

Brush some olive oil on a stove top grill pan. Heat the grill pan over medium-high heat until very hot. Place 2 to 3 loin chops on the heated grill pan and cook on the first side for 4 minutes. Turn loin chops over and cook the second side for additional 4-1/2 minutes. When done, transfer to a plate. Repeat cooking process with the remaining loin chops. Let the loin chops rest for 5 minutes before serving or plating.

No comments:

Post a Comment